The Stichting EuroQol Research Foundation has been granted the status of Charitable Institution, in Dutch Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling (ANBI), since January 1st, 2015. Below you find information that an ANBI should make public. Please contact us if you have questions, or require more information.
Klik hier voor een versie in het Nederlands.
Stichting EuroQol Research Foundation
Marten Meesweg 107
3068 AV Rotterdam
- To serve the public interest by supporting / instigating / performing scientific research and development of instruments which describe and value health without an aim for profit.
- To promote the scientific and other interests of the EuroQol Group Association ("EuroQol Group").
- To manage intellectual property rights that the members of the EuroQol Group have acquired in the context of the EuroQol Group Association.
- To promote the use of instruments developed by the EuroQol Group and to support individuals and organizations across the world seeking to use those instruments.
- To foster and support an international community of researchers whose activity informs the development and application of EuroQol Group instruments.
- To ensure free access to the accumulated research expertise of the EuroQol Group and to actively promote the transfer of knowledge and evidence regarding the use, analysis, and interpretation of measures developed by the EuroQol Group.
- To support promising early career researchers in the field of health and quality of life research through involvement in EuroQol Group activities.
For our policy plan please click here.
- The Foundation does not have an aim for profit.
- The capital of the Foundation is formed by subsidies, gifts, bequests and other income. The Foundation receives financial support by means of sponsorship / license income from commercial parties active in the development of drugs or medical devices. The Foundation requests a modest contribution to the costs of the development of instruments when these are used in work that will not result in scientific publications in the public domain. No contribution is expected from scientific research conducted by non-commercial parties.
- In 2016 the Board of the Foundation approved an investment policy document. Please click here for the current version.
- The Foundation's capital is used to finance scientific research studies and necessary software, an annual scientific congress and other scientific meetings and other costs of the Foundation, such as personnel costs.
- The members of the Board will not be remunerated for their activities.
- Personnel working for the Foundation are remunerated in line with the collective labour agreement aligned with Dutch Universities.
The Treasurer of the Board of the Foundation will present at least a balance sheet and the statement of income and expenses within 4 months after the financial year has ended on June 30th in the general assembly meeting of the EuroQol Group.
(after appropriation of the result, in euros)
30 June 2016
30 June 2015
Tangible fixed assets
Receivables and prepayments
Taxes and social securities
Cash at bank
EQUITY AND LIABILITIES
Reserves allocated to research
Current liabilities, accruals and
Taxes and social securities
Other current liabilities and accruals
STATEMENT OF INCOME AND EXPENDITURE
2015 / 2016
2014 / 2015
Spent on research
Support on approved projects
Management and administration
Depreciation tangible fixed assets
Report of activities
In the past financial year 2015-2016 the Foundation received 4205 requests for using EQ-5D instruments. These requests came in from all over the world. Most requests were coming from the UK, the US, Canada, Germany, Australia, the Netherlands, Japan, Spain, Denmark and Sweden. All these requests resulted in more than 300 paid license agreements. This means that vast majority of EQ-5D use is for free.
In the past financial year 2015-2016 the EuroQol Research Foundation has funded or co-funded 60 scientific research studies, for a total value of more than 2,2 million euro. This concerns studies that fit within the aims and objectives outlined above. Typically, these are methodological studies on using EQ-5D, or the analysis of EQ-5D data. Furthermore, studies were started on the Youth version of EQ-5D and on obtaining norm data in countries in South America, Asia and Europe. The EuroQol Research Foundation also funded several PhD projects, which the Foundation is intending to do more frequently in the future.
Lastly, in line with our Aims, the Foundation organized our annual Plenary scientific meeting, which was attended by some 110 scientists, both members and non-members of the EuroQol Group Association. The Foundation also organized a Mid-Year meeting, which was attended by some 80 scientists. As various scientific conferences we have funded workshops, presentations and other educational events to stimulate EQ-5D-related research.